Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Barcelona Take Two (21/5-26/5)

After my first trip to Barcelona, I was dying to go back again. I wanted to experience the sounds, colours and smells (well not all) again!

As Dad, Carole, Duncan, Anna, and Josh were all coming to Spain a trip to Barcelona all together was on the table! Ryanair now flies from Asturias airport directly to Barcelona El Prat, which makes it so cheap for us to get there. It was about 40 euros return with just carry-on luggage.

We stayed at Be Sound Barcelona. A great hostel with a great vibe. All six of us stayed in one room, which wasn't the biggest but fine as we were all family.
Never seen anything like it!

The highlight for me was finally going into La Sagrada Familia. Something I didn't do last time because we didn't have enough time and I knew I was coming back! Also visiting Camp Nou, Barcelona's football stadium was surprisingly quite interesting. I can now understand better why the Spaniards are so crazy about football and FC Barcelona in particular.



FC Barcelona's motto, Més Que Un Club 




No comments:

Post a Comment